EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) is a popular type of roofing material used in low-slope buildings in the United States. This synthetic single-ply, rubber roofing membrane has been applied on both residential and commercial buildings for decades, offering extreme protection from severe weather conditions. Here, our storm damage repair experts at Your Professional Roofer share the top five benefits of EPDM roofing.
- Affordable. The standard cost of EPDM roofing is lower than other widely-used roofing materials on the market such as TPO and PVC. Since it is a single-ply roofing system, it is incredibly easy to install, further reducing installation expenses. Replacing it in the future will not cost a fortune, too.
- Minimal Maintenance. EPDM roofing requires minimal repair and maintenance compared to other applications. However, it is important to regularly inspect and clean the roof to keep the surface in its pristine condition. Simply sweep away leaves, twigs and other debris resting on the rooftop. Consistent washes also ensure excellent resistance to heat cracking.
- Durable. EPDM roofing normally lasts for around two decades. With proper care and upkeep, its UV resistance allows it to last up to 50 years, which is the average lifespan of metal roofs.
- Energy-Efficient. EPDM roofs are energy-efficient because they allow heat to escape from inside the building, keeping the interiors cool and cozy and significantly reducing cooling costs.
- Eco-Friendly. When your EPDM roof reaches the end of its service life, it can be recycled into a new building material. Installing it means you are minimizing the waste that goes into the landfills.
Your Professional Roofer is a premier source of residential and industrial roofing solutions in Saint Peters, MO. Our top-rated team is committed to providing the comfort and efficiency you need through industry-leading products and outstanding customer service. Call us today at (636) 259-5940 or fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation estimate.